Pencil – Setting up the Sidebar
Sidebar is a vertical column for displaying information other than the main content of the web page.
Pencil has one right sidebar contain widgets that an administrator of the site can customize.
ENABLING/DISABLING THE SIDEBAR:
To enable/disable the sidebar on your homepage, your posts, and/or your archive pages (category pages, author page, etc.) please go to Appearance > Customize > Home Page
Read More about: Displaying Widget
PENCIL RECOMENDED WIDGETS:
1. DISPLAY WIDGETS – Change your sidebar content for different pages, categories, custom taxonomies, and WPML languages.
Avoid creating multiple sidebars and duplicating widgets by adding check boxes to each widget in the admin (as long as it is written in the WordPress version 2.8 format) which will either show or hide the widgets on every site page.
Great for avoiding extra coding and keeping your sidebars clean.
2. WORDPRESS POPULAR POSTS WIDGET – is a highly customizable widget that displays the most popular posts on your blog.
note: plugin output is filtered by „Pencil” theme and not all options works.
If you need original plugin functionality (please go to > Appearance > Customize > Advanced) and check Enable WordPress Popular Posts original markup.
3. INSTAGRAM SLIDER WIDGET – is a responsive slider widget that shows 24 latest images from a public instagram user.
4. MAILCHIMP FOR WORDPRESS LITE – adding sign-up methods for your MailChimp lists to your WordPress site should be easy. With this MailChimp for WordPress, it finally is.
This plugin helps you add subscribers to your MailChimp lists using various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any other form on your site, like your comment form or WooCommerce checkout.
More info: https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-for-wp/
5. TEXT WIDGET – ADVERTISEMENT
<a href=”destination link“><img src=”image link” alt=””></a>